The WSO is proud to launch the 6th annual Online Sikh Youth Leadership Institute (SYLI)
The vision of SYLI is to connect 20 of the most driven Sikh youth stakeholders from across Canada and provide them with unique training opportunities to catalyze their development. Successful applicants will receive advocacy and leadership training, particularly in the areas of emotional intelligence, political advocacy, community building, media relations and social justice.
Although SYLI has traditionally been an in-person summit, the WSO has decided to run this year’s program entirely online and alter the format due to COVID-19. One of the benefits of moving online is that we can now accept up to 30 candidates.
Following this program, the 2020 cohort will receive ongoing mentorship and gain access to the SYLI alumni network, allowing them to learn from and engage with other like-minded professionals and community stakeholders from coast to coast.
Benefits of attending SYLI
- Network with 30 of the brightest youth stakeholders from across the country
- Meet and learn from experts, entrepreneurs, and community activists
- Receive leadership and advocacy training through professional modules
- Life-long mentorship
- Join the SYLI alumni, a network of 100+ young professionals
- Learn how to advocate for issues that concern you, as well as gain practical knowledge and experience on essential leadership qualities and skills
The Online SYLI 2020 will be held from August 8-9, 2020.
The 2019 cohort in front of the Parliament Hill in the nation’s capital.
- SYLI will take place from August 8-9, 2020 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST.
- Professional modules will be held online through Zoom.
- Modules and workshops will cover topics such as emotional intelligence, leadership and advocacy skills, and leadership in the business, political and social justice fields. Modules and workshops will be facilitated by leaders in the field.
- Have a passion for community activism and social justice
LIFELONG ENGAGEMENT POTENTIAL
Graduates will receive lifelong mentorship after completing the SYLI training. You will also be expected to apply the skills and utilize your networks that you develop over the training to support your own local community. The WSO and your mentors will assist you in implementing and developing your own community action, initiative or cause!
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the following Google Form by July 24, 11:59 PM PST. Late applications will not be accepted.
If you have any questions about the institute or about the application process, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission decisions will be made by July 30, 2020.