The WSO is proud to launch the 8th annual Sikh Youth Leadership Institute (SYLI)
The vision of SYLI is to connect 20 of the most driven Sikh youth stakeholders from across Canada and provide them with unique training opportunities to catalyze their development. Successful applicants will receive advocacy and leadership training, particularly in the areas of emotional intelligence, political advocacy, community building, media relations and social justice.
Following this program, the 2022 cohort will receive ongoing mentorship and gain access to the SYLI alumni network, allowing them to learn from and engage with other like-minded professionals and community stakeholders from coast to coast.
Benefits of attending SYLI
- Network with dozens of the brightest youth stakeholders across the country
- Meet and learn from experts, entrepreneurs, and community activists
- Receive leadership and advocacy training through professional modules
- Access life-long mentorship
- Join the SYLI alumni, a network of 125+ young professionals
- Learn how to be a strong advocate on important issues, gain practical knowledge and experience on essential leadership qualities and skills
SYLI 2022 will be held from August 11th - 15th, 2022 in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Successful candidates will receive an all expense trained trip to Ottawa.
- Professional modules from Sikh professionals
- Modules and workshops will cover topics such as emotional intelligence, leadership and advocacy skills, and community advocacy, and media advocacy.
- Have a passion for community activism and social justice
- Must be 18 to 26 years old
- Must be living in Canada
Each candidate that is successfully accepted to SYLI will be expected to pay a $200.00 administrative fee.
LIFELONG ENGAGEMENT POTENTIAL
Graduates will receive lifelong mentorship after completing the SYLI training. We expect you to apply the skills and utilize the networks you develop to support your local community. The WSO and your mentors will assist you in implementing and developing your own community action, initiative or cause!
Applications for SYLI 2022 are now closed.
If you have any questions about the institute or about the application process, please email: [email protected]
“SYLI provided an uplifting and energizing space to engage in dialogue regarding important community issues as well as allowed me to learn more about myself and my communication style. It was a great experience and I am still in contact with some of the friends I made there.”
-Manpreet Kaur Multani, SYLI 2021