**POSTING HAS NOW EXPIRED**
The World Sikh Organization (WSO) of Canada's Student Internship Program 2021 is an exciting opportunity for undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate students from diverse academic backgrounds to get involved.
As a leader in helping develop and shape the face of third-party Sikh advocacy in Canada, our interns work closely with our legal, advocacy, and community development teams.
As an intern, you develop leadership, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills; all of which will help interns to explore different careers and create a professional network in this fast-moving economy.
This paid, professional internship program aims to provide young people with the opportunity to:
- Become engaged in issues facing Sikhs in Canada
- Gain valuable work experience within a dynamic, mainstream organization
- Receive supervision, guidance, and mentorship from a WSO professional
Interns must be a resident of one of the following provinces:
- British Columbia – 2 positions available @ $15.20/hour
- Alberta – 1 position available @ $15.00
- Ontario – 3 positions available @ $14.25
- Your placement will begin in May/June and will last 10 weeks.
- You must be between the ages of 18-30 years old
- You are required to work 35 hours/week remotely.
- You are required to have own laptop and cell phone.
You must be legally allowed to work Full Time in Canada
- Is a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident
- Unfortunately, International students are not eligible.
- There is no requirement for applicants to be a Sikh for these positions.
Interns will be selected to work in one of the following areas during their assignments:
- Graphic Designer (1 position)
- Web, Search Engine Optimization Coordinator (1 position)
- Legal Assistant (1 position)
- Community Outreach & Program Coordinator (3 positions)
Please email your LinkedIn profile (if you do not have a LinkedIn profile, then a resume will suffice) to [email protected] by May 15, 2021