The World Sikh Organization of Canada is now accepting applications for it's 5th annual Sikh Mentorship Program!
The Sikh Mentorship Program (SMP) is designed to connect Sikh professionals with Sikh students (16+) who are seeking guidance and direction academically or professionally. Alongside mentor-mentee matching (details below), the SMP will also include workshops, panels, and networking events. Learn more about the expectations and responsibilities of mentors and mentees below.
Should I Apply to the Mentor-Mentee Matching Initiative?
You should apply as a mentee if you are a Sikh student (16+), graduate, or early professional looking for academic or professional advice.
APPLY AS A MENTEE: Mentee Application
You should apply as a mentor if you are a working professional looking to give back to the community and support the next generation of Sikhs.
APPLY AS A MENTOR: Mentor Application
Expectations & Responsibilities for Mentors and Mentees
- Meet with your mentee for at least 1 hour a month (this can include giving a tour or a visit to your workplace, if possible)
- Encouraged to attend other SMP related events
- Set up meetings with your mentors, including providing an agenda and specific questions prior to each meeting
- Respond to your mentor in a timely fashion and be mindful of your mentor’s time and other responsibilities
- Attend SMP events and workshops which will be announced at later dates
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter