The Sikh Mentorship Program (SMP) is designed to connect Sikh professionals with Sikh students (16+) who are seeking guidance and direction academically or professionally. Alongside mentor-mentee matching (details below), the SMP will also include workshops, panels, and networking events. Learn more about the expectations and responsibilities of mentors and mentees below.
The Sikh Mentorship Program is having its FIRST event of 2022!
Revamp Your Resume – An Interactive Workshop Honing Your CV & Cover Letting Writing Skills’ will be held March 30th 5PM PST/8PM EST over zoom. HR Professional Amrit Kaur Sran will give you the tips and tricks you need to craft the perfect resume and cover letter, land that job, and build your career!
This is an opportunity you don't want to miss!
Mentor-Mentee Matching Initiative Application
The mentor-mentee matching initiative is now closed and will be back next year in 2023. Follow our social media for updates on the program and future events.
Should I Apply to the Mentor-Mentee Matching Initiative?
You should apply as a mentee if you are a Sikh student (16+) looking for academic or professional advice.
You should apply as a mentor if you are a working professional looking to give back to the community and support the next generation of Sikhs.
The mentor-mentee matching initiative is now available to all Canadian residents (including study/work permits, permanent residents, Canadian citizens).
Space is limited, so preference will be given to students enrolled in a post-secondary institution.
Expectations & Responsibilities for Mentors and Mentees
- Meet with your mentee for at least 1 hour a month (this can include giving a tour or a visit to your workplace, if possible)
- Attend a closing reception
- Encouraged to attend other SMP related events
- Set up meetings with your mentors, including providing an agenda and specific questions prior to each meeting
- Respond to your mentor in a timely fashion and be mindful of your mentor’s time and other responsibilities
- Attend SMP events and workshops which will be announced at a later dates