To ensure the Sikh community is represented accurately, the WSO released hundreds of stock images that are available for free for anyone in the world to use. These images capture Sikhs in everyday life, as well as in jobs in pharmacy, nursing, trucking and much more.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative intern to join our team and take ownership of our stock image project to add even more content. As an intern, you will be responsible for creating original content and reaching out to potential models and photographers to contribute to our stock image library. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in content creation, project management, and talent acquisition.
Interns should be prepared to receive hands-on experience on any of the following:
- Brain storming creative ideas
- Create original and high-quality stock images that align with project requirements and market trends
- Collaborate with the project team to develop concepts and themes for the stock image collection
- Research and identify potential models and photographers who can contribute to the project
- Reach out to models and photographers, explaining the project and inviting them to participate
- Coordinate photoshoots, including scheduling, location scouting, and equipment management
- Direct and guide models and photographers during photoshoots to capture desired images
- Conduct post-production tasks, including image editing, retouching, and finalizing images for inclusion in the stock image library
- Organize and maintain the stock image library, ensuring proper categorization, tagging, and metadata
- Collaborate with graphic designers and content creators to fulfill specific image requirements
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing strategies to promote the stock image project
- Track project progress, milestones, and deadlines to ensure timely completion
Skills and Exposure: The successful intern will have the opportunity to develop the following skills and gain exposure to:
- Content creation: You will create original and high-quality stock images, developing your skills in photography, composition, and post-production editing.
- Talent acquisition: You will research and reach out to potential models and photographers, honing your communication and negotiation skills.
- Project management: You will learn to plan, execute, and monitor a project from start to finish, while ensuring timely delivery and quality control.
- Image editing: You will gain experience in editing and retouching images using industry-standard software.
- Image licensing: You will acquire knowledge of licensing agreements, usage rights, and legal considerations related to stock images.
- Market research: You will conduct market research to identify customer preferences and emerging trends in the stock image industry.
- Collaboration and communication: You will work closely with designers, content creators, models, and photographers, enhancing your collaboration and communication skills.
- Marketing strategies: You will contribute to the development and implementation of marketing strategies to promote the stock image project.
- Currently pursuing a degree in a relevant field (e.g., photography, visual arts, marketing, communications) or equivalent practical experience
- Creative mindset with a keen eye for visual aesthetics and ability to bring concepts to life through imagery
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for outreach and coordination with models and photographers
- Basic understanding of copyright and licensing considerations for stock images
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in a team environment
- Familiarity with marketing principles and strategies is a plus
- Must be a resident of BC or Alberta
- You must be between the ages of 18-30 years old
- You are required to work 35 hours/week remotely.
- You are required to have own laptop and cell phone.
- You must be legally allowed to work Full Time in Canada (Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- There is no requirement for applicants to be a Sikh for these positions.
- Your placement will begin in June/July and will last 8 weeks.
Contract length: 8 weeks
Application deadline: June 15, 2023
Job Types: Full-time (35 hours/week)
Location: Remote. Resident of BC or Alberta
Salary: $15.00/hr for AB residents. $15.65 for BC residents
Please email your LinkedIn profile or resume/cover letter to [email protected] by June 15, 2023
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter