Your Key Roles Include:
Support Implementation of Existing Programs
- Overseeing and developing all programming for the World Sikh Organization of Canada including but not limited to Sikh Mentorship Program, Sikh Youth Leadership Institute, Sikh Family Helpline, KarmaGrow, and KaurVotes. This includes:
- Working closely with National and Executive Board, Regional Teams, Project Leads and Volunteers
- Working in partnership with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator to ensure that programs have innovative and efficient social media campaigns and promotional material
- Work within budget constraints
- Stakeholder management
- Coordinating tasks and managing progress, and maintaining constant communication with stakeholders and partners
- Maintaining records of projects completed to ensure future success
- Establishing administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the non-profit
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required activities and tasks.
- Ongoing benchmarking of project performance to identify improvements.
- Leading continuous quality improvement initiatives
Support Development of New Programs
- Identifying new programming opportunities for the organization that align with WSO’s values, scope and mandate and advance organization’s priorities
- Working with the Communications and Marketing Manager to identify and apply to grant opportunities.
- Supporting the development of new projects and initiatives
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative to suggest improvements and encourage positive results.
- Proactive and self-starter
- Flexibility with work schedule to allow for some meetings and tasks that may be held outside of normal working hours (early mornings, evenings and weekends)
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills, including partnership development, stakeholder management
- Proficiency in Punjabi and/or French is considered an asset but not required for the position
- Individual can be based anywhere within Canada, working remotely
- Only individuals that are residents of Canada should apply
- Salary range ($20-$29/hr) based on experience and other qualifications
If you are looking for a rewarding career and feel you are a fit for our dynamic team, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject being the title of the role you are applying for. Please be sure to include:
- Why do you want to work with the WSO?
- What makes you a great fit for this role?
- What excites you most about this role and why?
Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. The WSO is an equal opportunity employer. Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of professional references and background checks, including Social Media Account(s).
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter