Your key roles include:
Develop & Execute Campaigns
- Set up and manage engaging digital campaigns to promote advocacy issues, community programming and fundraising campaigns
- Provide leadership in content development, editing, and proofing for all campaign activities
- Develop and oversee email marketing campaigns including drafting emails and sending via Mail Chimp.
Manage Social Media
- Oversee impactful and timely management of social media platforms and WSO’s website
- Maintain effective, cohesive, and engaging brand messaging through marketing materials and communications products on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Produce high quality graphics to be shared on social messaging platforms
- Assist with media and social media monitoring to ensure that the board is well informed on relevant issues in Canada and around the world.
- Research and write content for internal and external audiences
- Support development of presentation and promotional materials
- Identify and support the applications to relevant grants.
- Organize and edit monthly podcast
- Other duties as assigned by the President, Executive Committee and Board of Directors
Ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in marketing, communications, digital marketing, or related field
- Is a self starter and has the ability to multitask and work on multiple projects.
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple time-sensitive requests
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Canva
- Experience with editing audio and video files
- Ability to learn new technologies with ease.
- Proficiency with Punjabi and/or French is considered an asset
- Prioritizes attention to detail.
- A passionate team player who enjoys collaboration and teamwork but also to work autonomously.
- Flexibility with work schedule to allow for some meetings and tasks that may be held outside of normal working hours (early mornings, evenings and weekends)
- Individual can be based anywhere within Canada required to work remotely
- Only individuals that are residents of Canada and able to work full time should apply
- Salary range ($25-$29/hr) based on experience and other qualifications
If you are looking for a rewarding career and feel you are a fit for our dynamic team, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please be sure to include:
- Why do you want to work with the WSO?
- What makes you a great fit for this role?
- What excites you most about this role and why?
We thank all applicants, however only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. The WSO is an equal opportunity employer. Please be advised that all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of professional references and background checks, including Social Media Account(s).