The WSO been a community leader in advocating for Human Rights for all. As a Legal Assistant, you will work with WSO's legal counsel on human rights issues that affect Canadian Sikhs as well as all Canadians in general, with a particular focus on freedom of religion. This includes work on human rights litigation, training, and education as well as legal research on human rights-based issues.
Interns should be prepared to receive hands-on experience on any of the following:
- Conducting legal research;
- Writing research memoranda;
- Drafting legal briefs;
- Interviewing clients;
- Designing and delivering education seminars and training modules;
- Assisting with litigation and casework.
- Pre-requisite: Applicants should be enrolled in a recognized law school.
- Must be a resident of BC or Alberta
- You must be between the ages of 18-30 years old
- You are required to work 35 hours/week remotely.
- You are required to have own laptop and cell phone.
- You must be legally allowed to work Full Time in Canada( Citizen or permanent resident)
- There is no requirement for applicants to be a Sikh for these positions.
- Your placement will begin in June/July and will last 8 weeks.
Contract length: 8 weeks
Job Types: Full-time (35 hours/week)
Location: Remote. Resident of BC or Alberta
Salary: $15.00/hr for AB residents. $15.65 for BC residents
Please email your LinkedIn profile or resume and cover letter to [email protected]