The WSO been a community leader in advocating for Human Rights for all. As a Legal Assistant, you will work with WSO's legal counsel on human rights issues that affect Canadian Sikhs as well as all Canadians in general, with a particular focus on freedom of religion. This includes work on human rights litigation, training, and education as well as legal research on human rights-based issues.
Interns should be prepared to receive hands-on experience on any of the following:
- Conducting legal research;
- Writing research memoranda;
- Drafting legal briefs;
- Interviewing clients;
- Designing and delivering education seminars and training modules;
- Assisting with litigation and casework.
- Pre-requisite: Applicants should be enrolled in a recognized law school.
- Must be a resident of Ontario
- You must be between the ages of 18-30 years old
- You are required to work 35 hours/week remotely.
- You are required to have own laptop and cell phone.
You must be legally allowed to work Full Time in Canada
- Is a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident
- Unfortunately, International students are not eligible.
- There is no requirement for applicants to be a Sikh for these positions.
- Your placement will begin in May/June and will last 10 weeks.
Contract length: 10 weeks
Application deadline: May 15, 2021
Job Types: Full-time (35 hours/week)
Location: Remote. Resident of Ontario
Please email your LinkedIn profile or resume to [email protected] by May 15, 2021