The WSO has been moving quickly in launching community development initiatives, like the Sikh Family Helpline and continuing to deliver established projects, like the Sikh Youth Leadership Institute. As an Outreach and Program Development Intern, you will help in the delivery and improvement of programs or social initiatives through the summer and beyond.
Interns should be prepared to receive hands-on experience on any of the following:
- Assisting with various team working on several projects, program outreach, creating/maintaining database system, events, conferences, fellowships, and general research
- Reaching out to key stakeholders via email, or calls.
- Handling correspondence, drafting of letters, memos, reports etc.
- Assist in the development of an internal corporate information management system
- Assist in the tabulation of various events, conferences, and surveys
- Assist with follow up reports and correspondence
- Assistance with research and correspondence
- Opportunity to participate in various programs and connect with community stakeholders
- Web design or experience in Nationbuilder is an asset
The candidates will have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good research and writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Flexibility to work on tasks with the highest priority
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent planning & organizational skills
- Fluency in Punjabi (understanding, speaking, and writing) will be considered an asset
- Interns must be a resident of BC or Alberta
- Your placement will begin in June/July and will last 8 weeks.
- You must be between the ages of 18-30 years old
- You are required to work 35 hours/week remotely.
- You are required to have your own laptop and cell phone.
- You must be legally allowed to work Full Time in Canada (Citizen or permanent resident)
- There is no requirement for applicants to be a Sikh for these positions.
Contract length: 8 weeks
Job Types: Full-time (35 hours/week)
Location: Remote. Resident of BC, or AB
Salary: BC @ $15.65/hr, AB @ $15.00/hr,
Please email your LinkedIn profile or resume and cover letter to [email protected]