The WSO has been moving quickly in launching community development initiatives, like the Sikh Family Helpline, and continuing to deliver established projects, like the Sikh Youth Leadership Institute. As an Outreach and Program Development Intern, you will help in the delivery and improvement of programs or social initiatives through the summer and beyond.
Interns should be prepared to receive hands-on experience on any of the following:
- Assisting with various team working on several projects, program outreach, creating/maintaining database system, events, conferences, fellowships, and general research
- Handling correspondence, drafting of letters, memos, reports etc.
- Assist in the tabulation of various events, conferences, and surveys
- Assist with follow up reports and correspondence
- Assistance with research and correspondence
- Opportunity to participate in various programs and connect with community stakeholders
- Web design or experience in Nationbuilder is an asset
The candidates will have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good research and writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Flexibility to work on tasks with the highest priority
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent planning & organizational skills
- Fluency in Punjabi (understanding, speaking, and writing) will be considered an asset
Interns must be a resident of one of the following provinces:
- British Columbia – 2 positions available @ $15.65/hour. 8 week contract
- Alberta – 2 positions available @ $15.00/hour. 8 week contract
- Ontario – 3 positions available @ $15.00/hour. 10 week contract
- Your placement will begin in May/June and will last 8-10 weeks.
- You must be between the ages of 18-30 years old
- You are required to work 35 hours/week remotely.
- You are required to have your own laptop and cell phone.
You must be legally allowed to work Full Time in Canada
- Is a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident
- Unfortunately, International students are not eligible.
- There is no requirement for applicants to be a Sikh for these positions.
Contract length: 10 weeks
Application deadline: May 15, 2022
Job Types: Full-time (35 hours/week)
Location: Remote. Resident of BC, AB, or ON
Salary: BC @ $15.65/hr, AB @ $15.00/hr, ON @ $15.00/hr
Please email your LinkedIn profile or resume to [email protected] by May 15, 2021