The WSO has been moving quickly in launching community development initiatives, like the Sikh Family Helpline, and continuing to deliver established projects, like the Sikh Youth Leadership Initiative. As an Outreach and Program Development Intern, you will help in the delivery and improvement of these programs and other social initiatives through the summer and beyond.
Interns should be prepared to receive hands-on experience on any of the following:
- Assisting with various team working on several projects, program outreach, creating/maintaining database system, events, conferences, fellowships, and general research
- Handling correspondence, drafting of letters, memos, etc.
- Assist in the tabulation of various events, conferences, and surveys
- Assist with follow up reports and correspondence
- Assistance with research and correspondence
- Opportunity to participate in various programs and connect with community stakeholders
The candidates will have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good research and writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Flexibility to work on tasks with the highest priority
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent planning & organizational skills
- Fluency in Punjabi (understanding, speaking, and writing) will be considered an
- Must be a resident of British Columbia, Alberta, or Ontario
- You must be between the ages of 18-30 years old
- You are required to work 35 hours/week remotely.
- You are required to have own laptop and cell phone.
You must be legally allowed to work Full Time in Canada
- Is a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident
- Unfortunately, International students are not eligible.
- There is no requirement for applicants to be a Sikh for these positions.
- Your placement will begin in May/June and will last 10 weeks.
Contract length: 10 weeks
Application deadline: May 15, 2021
Job Types: Full-time (35 hours/week)
Location: Remote. Resident of BC, AB, or ON
Salary: BC @ $15.20/hr, AB @ $15.00/hr, ON @ $14.25/hr
Please email your LinkedIn profile or resume to [email protected] by May 15, 2021